It’s been great to see how much has been going on in Croydon schools before and during the Easter period, via the CHTA Twitter feed. Here are some of our favourite recent stories, which we picked up on Twitter:-
- Woodcote High School effectively used Twitter to update friends and family back home about a “phenomenal” trip to South Africa. Check out Woodcote’s Twitter feed at twitter.com/woodcotehigh.
- Forest Academy in Shirley hosted a “Women of Valour” event, in which over 50 mums and their children took part.
- Riddlesdown Collegiate students enjoyed a tour of historic Italian landmarks and sites, including Pompeii, the Pantheon and the Vatican to name but a few! Lovely pictures on their Twitter feed at twitter.com/RiddlesdownC with fun use of the hashtag #RiddlesdownOnTour2015
- Science students at Croydon College visited Switzerland, where they went to CERN (of Hadron Collider fame) and the UN Building in Geneva. They linked their tweets to a photo gallery on their official Facebook page.
- The David Livingstone Academy raised £1,650 for RND and Marie Curie and Ms Pemble, the Head of Year 8 at St Joseph’s College completed a 5km run to raise funds for Ghana project. Well done all, in your charitable efforts.
- Lucky students from The Quest Academy had much to talk about over their Easter lunch, having met Prince Harry on the pitch at Twickenham prior to the England vs. France game.
- Welcome to all newcomers to Twitter, including Thornton Heath Nursery School whose Twitter handle is @THNursery.
To be sure that your school is on the CHTA Twitter list, please drop us an email.